Urban Flooding Campaign
If you’re far from water, you might think a flood can’t happen to you. But the truth is, there are hidden flood risks that can leave your clients vulnerable, like runoff from new development, changing weather patterns, and even sudden summer storms. Use the resources below to help your clients in towns, cities, and their suburbs understand their urban flood risk.
Take action: join the campaign
Make the case to clients about the risk, need, and value of flood insurance.
How to Use
Click to download. Print, order, or email copies for clients.
More on the NFIP’s Urban Flooding Campaign
One inch of water is enough to cause over $25,000 in damage. And in a city, a flash flood could cause that damage in minutes. But flood insurance has you covered.
Provide your clients with key information about their urban flooding risk.
- Towns, cities, and their suburbs have more development, more concrete, and fewer places for water to go. That means a hard rain can become a flash flood in minutes.
- And when just one inch of flood water can cause over $25,000 in damage, a small storm can become a big problem.
- Whether your home floods due to hurricanes or heavy rains, flood insurance helps cover the cost of repairing your home and replacing your belongings.
- Most homeowners and renters insurance policies do not cover flood damage.
- Purchase flood insurance today for the protection and peace of mind it brings.